If you’re looking for some logo design inspiration look at these ingenious examples that carry dual meanings in their design. These hidden symbols either explain the nature of the business or are a clever visual representation of its name. Superb work by talented artists and designers who must have been high on some ‘good stuff’. Check them out.
1. Is that a golfer or the profile of a Spartan wearing a helmet?
2. The ‘R’ forms a man riding a bicycle, the orange circle is the front wheel.
3. The hand and leg enclosure forms the map of Australia
4. Two ‘F’s and a plane in the middle
5. The coffee froth forms the shape of the moon (with an eye)
6. The face of a lion, the shape of a bird.
7. The ‘C’s form the eyes of a cat
8. A fish made of code symbols
9. The two arrows shape a ‘H’ letter
10. The negative spaces between the legs form the buildings of the Bronx
11. Is it a hat or a cup?
12. A reel or a scared face?
15. Is it a bear or a hand?
18. Hope for African Children Initiative
19. Baskin Robbins has 31 flavours – check the ‘B’ & the ‘R’
20. Sony Vaio
21. Is it a ‘g’ or a smiling face?
22. The ‘C’ and the ‘o’ form a tyre
23. An eight made up of 8s
24. Ever noticed the arrow in the negative space between the ‘E’ and the ‘x’?
25. The number ‘1’ can be seen between the white ‘F’ and the red waves
26. Kölner Zoo
27. From ‘a’ to ‘z’, Amazon has it all…and a smile.
28. Mister Cutts
29. The Guild of Food Writers logo shows a spoon between the nib of a fountain pen
30. London Symphony Orchestra – Do you see LSO or a conducter with a baton?
31. The peacock in the NBC logo stands for color and pride.
32. The ‘N’ is also a ‘W’ with an arrow pointing north-west
33. Is it a tree or a chimp looking at a lioness?
34. Portrait Photos
35. The chip forms the word SUN in all directions
36. Ever noticed the bear between the mountain?
37. Food & Wine
40. One of the first commercially designed ambigram/reversible logos (1969)
42. A plug, socket and an ‘E’ in the middle
43. Is that a film or Frankenstein’s head?
44. There’s a knife in the letter ‘a’
45. Almost forms the % symbol
46. Is that the moon or a golf ball?
48. Circus of Magazines
49. Piano Forest